While the population of the United States—and the world as a whole—is growing, the amount of arable land is decreasing because of development, desertification due to climate change, and environmentally sound water-conservation measures.
Did You Know
- The United States loses more than an acre of farmland per minute.
- Between 1982 and 2007, 41,324,800 acres of rural land were developed in the United States. This is the same amount of land as the states of Illinois and New Jersey combined.
The 10 MILE FARMS G CUBE production and cultivation model addresses many of the problems facing our global food supply. The state-of-the-art indoor vertical growing system functionally yields eight times more produce per square foot than traditional hydroponic greenhouses and twenty times more than traditional farming methods.
Here are just a few of the reasons the 10 MILE FARMS AEROVAPOR growing system is superior to traditional farming and hydroponics:
Ranch Style Farming
- Grown far away from consumer
- Soil nutrient depletion
- Weather Dependent
- High risk of water contamination
- High risk of pesticide contamination
- Can be shipped locally or over long distances
- No soil
- Hot and costly lighting
- High water consumption and waste
- Grown Locally
- No soil
- Clean, efficient LED lighting
- Minimal water use and waste